Information is not available at this time. Please check back soon.
No Additional Requirements
- The M-strand is for students who require mathematical facility at the level of at least MATH 110 (Collegiate Algebra). This strand involves reasonable facility with algebra and algebraic functions, graphs, and simple modeling. Students who choose the M-strand are prepared for further mathematical work. This work may include LING 178 (The Mathematics of Language and Linguistics), MATH 114 (Finite Mathematics), MATH 113 (Elements of Calculus), or a statistics class from outside the Mathematics Department, such as ISTA 116 (Statistical Foundations for the Information Age) or SBS 200 (Statistics for the Social Sciences).
Second Language Required:
- Scoring the equivalent of second-semester skill level on an entrance or placement examination administered by The University of Arizona.
- Completion with a C or better of a second semester course at the post-secondary level.
- An AP (Advanced Placement), IB (International Baccalaureate) or CLEP (College Level Entrance Program) language score determined by the individual language department.
- In the College of Engineering by a method determined within the College; however, all students in the college must also take a language placement examination on entrance to the University.
- UA Yuma
AZ Transfer Pathways
The knowledge of science, technical agriculture, management strategies, and economics gained from a degree in Agricultural Systems Management provides a solid career foundation. Graduates in Agricultural Systems Management may work in agribusiness, production agriculture, horticulture, or turf maintenance technology.
Potential Career Areas
- Food, Turf, and Ornamental Crop Production
- Small Business Ownership
- Cooperative Extension Services
- Public Relations
- Market Research
- Farms and Greenhouses
- Government Agencies
- Community Garden Organizations
- Nonprofit Organizations (food aid)
- Agricultural Research Stations
- Agricultural Manufacturers
- Commercial Food Producers
- Consulting Firms
- Sports Stadiums
- Landscaping Firms
- Private Contracting/Small Business Ownership
- Colleges and Universities
Sample Job Titles and National Salary Range
|Job Title||Salary Range|
|Nursery/Greenhouse Manager||$31,700 - $69,300|
|Agricultural Consultant||$34,750 - $58,610|
|Farm Management Advisor||$25,420 - $46,370|
|Purchaser, Farm Products||$31,240 - $59,780|
|Contract Administrator||$32,770 - $113,150|
|Horticultural Technician||$17,550 - $23,940|
|Farmer||$30,000 - $50,000|
|Farm Manager||$31,700 - $69,300|
|Farm Crop Production Technicians||$18,710 - $34,790|
|Agricultural Inspector||$25,540 - $42,680|
|Public Relations Specialist||$30,760 - $54,170|
|Market Research Analyst||$33,280 - $60,300|
|Farm Labor Contractor||$19,140 - $35,430|
|Groundskeeping Supervisor||$23,940 - $37,300|