Information is not available at this time. Please check back soon.
- This strand involves the general understanding and appreciation of how mathematics is used to solve problems in everyday life. The G-strand does not prepare a student for any further work grounded in mathematics and assumes the student will not proceed beyond the basic Foundations level noted above. Thus only those students whose major requires the most general knowledge of mathematics should take this strand.
Second Language Required:
- Scoring the equivalent of second-semester skill level on an entrance or placement examination administered by The University of Arizona.
- Completion with a C or better of a second semester course at the post-secondary level.
- An AP (Advanced Placement), IB (International Baccalaureate) or CLEP (College Level Entrance Program) language score determined by the individual language department.
- In the College of Engineering by a method determined within the College; however, all students in the college must also take a language placement examination on entrance to the University.
- Main Campus
Archived plans are available on Degree Search 2011-2016 for many degree plans. These are sample plans. Please work with your academic advisor for more specific and up-to-date requirements.
Select a year:
AZ Transfer Pathways
The knowledge gained in the Music Education major in the Instrumental concentration of pedagogy, music history, and a wide variety of instrument techniques and materials provides a specialized career foundation. Graduates may pursue careers as music teachers in schools or other educational settings, or may offer private or group lessons in addition to work in any field.
Potential Career Areas
- Classroom teaching
- Private lessons
- Program coordination
- Elementary schools
- Middle schools
- Self-employment (lessons)
- Afterschool education programs
- Arts councils
- Summer music programs
- Nonprofit arts organizations
Sample Job Titles and National Salary Range
|Job Title||Salary Range|
|Elementary School Music Teacher||$34,400 - $51,700|
|Middle School Music Teacher||$35,000 - $52,000|
|Music Teacher||$33,400 - $57,820|
|Recreation Coordinator||$32,500 - $40,500|
|Camp Director||$30,000 - $80,000|
|Education Program Director||$30,000 - $60,000|
|Private Instrument Teacher||$23,000 - $60,000|
|Educational Activities Director, Nonprofit Theatre||$18,000 - $42,000|
|School Music Supervisor||$32,000 - $79,000|