College of Education
The College of Education offers bachelor's degrees leading to state certification in early childhood, elementary, and special education, as well as majors in rehabilitation and deaf studies. We also have a minor program for students from a variety of majors interested in learning about adolescent development. Our teacher-preparation programs provide students with professionally based coursework and in-the-field experience before student teaching. Our student teaching includes the guidance of a master teacher and a UA faculty supervisor. Prospective students are encouraged to complete the General Information Session online at www.coe.arizona.edu/gis.
We offer post-baccalaureate teacher coursework and master's programs (including one for secondary certification) plus specialist and doctoral degrees in education. An administrative certification program is also available.
P.O. Box 210069
- The college secured a $27 million grant to examine how improvements in access to and quality of educational and health services impact young children's development. No other state has ever done a longitudinal study like this.
- College of Education alumni are known throughout the world! The founder of Sesame Street's, Joan Ganz Cooney, is one of our grads.
- Graduates include teachers, of course, but also researchers, counselors, school psychologists, special education teachers, principals, and superintendents - just to name a few.
- We're home to the state's only programs to prepare rehabilitation counselors and educators of the deaf and blind.
- The college is diverse. Nearly 27 percent of our students are minorities. About 23 percent of the college's faculty is made up of minorities (16 percent of which is Hispanic).
- Our International Collection of Children's and Adolescent Literature is the largest collection in America. There's only one larger collection in the world.
Number of Faculty
- 58 full-time faculty members and 30 clinical and adjunct faculty members
- Bachelor's degrees in early, elementary, and special education
- Postbaccalaureate teacher certification
- Master's and doctoral degrees in education