Information is not available at this time. Please check back soon.
No Additional Requirements
- The M-strand is for students who require mathematical facility at the level of at least MATH 110 (Collegiate Algebra). This strand involves reasonable facility with algebra and algebraic functions, graphs, and simple modeling. Students who choose the M-strand are prepared for further mathematical work. This work may include LING 178 (The Mathematics of Language and Linguistics), MATH 114 (Finite Mathematics), MATH 113 (Elements of Calculus), or a statistics class from outside the Mathematics Department, such as ISTA 116 (Statistical Foundations for the Information Age) or SBS 200 (Statistics for the Social Sciences).
Second Language Required:
- Scoring the equivalent of fourth-semester skill level on an entrance or placement examination administered by The University of Arizona.
- Completion of a two-course sequence beyond the second semester of post-secondary language instruction.
- Completion with a C or higher of a 300- or 400-level language course at the post-secondary level.
- Completion of one course beyond the third semester in combination with an AP (Advanced Placement) score, IB (International Baccalaureate) score or a CLEP (College Level Entrance Program) score determined by the individual language department.
- An AP, IB, or CLEP language score determined by individual language departments.
- A minimum of one semester study abroad in a language program approved by the appropriate language department as the equivalent of fourth-semester skill level.
- Main Campus