Information is not available at this time. Please check back soon.
This major has additional admission criteria. Please see the Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health requirement page for more information.
- The M-strand is for students who require mathematical facility at the level of at least MATH 110 (Collegiate Algebra). This strand involves reasonable facility with algebra and algebraic functions, graphs, and simple modeling. Students who choose the M-strand are prepared for further mathematical work. This work may include LING 178 (The Mathematics of Language and Linguistics), MATH 114 (Finite Mathematics), MATH 113 (Elements of Calculus), or a statistics class from outside the Mathematics Department, such as ISTA 116 (Statistical Foundations for the Information Age) or SBS 200 (Statistics for the Social Sciences).
Second Language Required:
- Scoring the equivalent of second-semester skill level on an entrance or placement examination administered by The University of Arizona.
- Completion with a C or better of a second semester course at the post-secondary level.
- An AP (Advanced Placement), IB (International Baccalaureate) or CLEP (College Level Entrance Program) language score determined by the individual language department.
- In the College of Engineering by a method determined within the College; however, all students in the college must also take a language placement examination on entrance to the University.