Information is not available at this time. Please check back soon.
Prospective students must complete a General Information Session prior to declaring the major
- This strand involves the general understanding and appreciation of how mathematics is used to solve problems in everyday life. The G-strand does not prepare a student for any further work grounded in mathematics and assumes the student will not proceed beyond the basic Foundations level noted above. Thus only those students whose major requires the most general knowledge of mathematics should take this strand.
Second Language Required:
- Scoring the equivalent of second-semester skill level on an entrance or placement examination administered by The University of Arizona.
- Completion with a C or better of a second semester course at the post-secondary level.
- An AP (Advanced Placement), IB (International Baccalaureate) or CLEP (College Level Entrance Program) language score determined by the individual language department.
- In the College of Engineering by a method determined within the College; however, all students in the college must also take a language placement examination on entrance to the University.
- Main Campus
Archived plans are available on Degree Search 2011-2017 for many degree plans. These are sample plans. Please work with your academic advisor for more specific and up-to-date requirements.